Nuts 'n Berries 2020 Trend Predictions
The Roarin’ 20’s are upon us and the quest for healthier lifestyles top everyone’s New Year’s Resolution lists. 2019 was filled with CBD, cleaner beauty and tons of local, organic food. What’ will the new decade bring? Nutrition guru and Nuts ‘n Berries co-owner, Mari Geier has some predictions.
- Sleep is the new anti-aging pill. Nothing tops a week of sleeping 8 hours a night. Nothing. So the focus to any weight loss, get healthy, self-care plan for 2020 should start with figuring out how to get a good night’s sleep. While hemp derived CBD extracts will continue to play a key role in supporting a healthy sleep cycle, what will become even more important is paying attention to which part of your sleep cycle needs the most attention.
- Do you have trouble falling asleep?
- Do you wake up in the middle of the night with a racing mind?
- Does pain keep you awake?
- Is your body’s natural detox process waking you up?
- Does a drop in blood sugar wake you up?
Answering these questions will help you figure out the best ways to supplement to achieve a good night’s sleep.
- Self-care will move from IG trend into mainstream. Self-care isn’t just drawing a warm bath and plopping a fun CBD bath bomb into it. Paying attention to your health as a primary goal will move beyond the surface and into our daily routines. Carving out just 5 minutes a day to put down all technology (yes, even take your watch off) and focus on breathing or just go outside and listen. This simple step will allow many other things to fall into balance.
- Mental health will become a hot topic as we enter the spring. One thing that the 2019 CBD explosion drew attention to was PTSD and the widespread anxiety issues facing so many young people. While mental health issues were taboo for so many years, 2020 will usher in a new way of approaching how we look at anxiety, stress and depression. Beyond just expressing empathy, we will see solutions to address mental health issues coupled with healthier options for maintaining mental balance.
- Ingredients will continue to be a focus for moms and millennials. Transparent supply chains will continue to be sought after in all products, but especially for moms purchasing for their families. Truth in labeling will continue to be a hot topic for millennials in 2020. And local stores, like Nuts ‘n Berries, will continue to work toward providing clarity for consumers wanting to purchase healthy food and products for themselves and their families. Expect to see this at Nuts ‘n Berries specifically, as we work toward making 100% of our products non-GMO by the end of the year and follow us as we tell the story of how to make that happen.
- CBD rich hemp extracts will rival multivitamins to reaching a greater balance in life. For decades, consumers have taken synthetic multi-vitamins at the request of their doctors to “fill the gaps” where nutrition doesn’t cover it. But as consumers are becoming more savvy, the need for multi-vitamins is less important and the need for supplements that can help the body regain balance increases. Hemp derived CBD extracts can do that.
To learn more about these trends and to find the newest and freshest local foods & products stop into Nuts ‘n Berries Brookhaven store. Stay tuned for updates on Nuts ‘n Berries Decatur, opening in spring of 2020!
Nuts ‘n Berries Healthy Market
Long live the little guy.