5 ways to prepare for the holiday hangover
The holidays are here and that means it’s time to PARTY! For some of us that means several holiday celebrations a week, while for others, the hangover comes after days spent with out of town family. Regardless, overindulging goes hand in hand with the season and we have 5 simple ways to make it through the hangover with grace.
- Party Smarter – Party Smart is an aryuvedic blend of herbs that has been clinically studied to help you minimize the effects of too much alcohol. Alcohol breaks down into acetaldehyde which builds up in the liver. When you drink too much, there is too much buildup and the liver can’t process it fast enough. This leaves you feeling toxic and maybe even sick. Party smart prevents the buildup of acetaldehyde in the liver leading to a better morning! Take one of these before you drink, while you are drinking or really anytime to minimize the impact of alcohol. Stock up here (link to party smart online)
- Drink Blk Water – Yes, the water really is black. It’s get its color from the minerals that it contains. Fulvic minerals come from plants and soil and have been shown to play an important role in digestion and breaking down, absorbing and transporting key nutrients. Fulvic and humic minerals are what cause blk water to be naturally black. Drinking blk water while you are drinking can help provide electrolytes to keep you hydrated and minimize the impact of alcohol, plus when you make blk water your choice of beverage for every other drink, you consume less alcohol! It looks cool, too!
- Electroyltes and Vodka? If you are consuming mixed drinks and you like things fruit flavored, consider mixing Ultima Electrolytes into your drink to keep you hydrated. Water can flush the excess alcohol out of your body and help save you from the dreaded hangover.
- Got Pain? If you forgot to take your Party Smart or electrolytes, Terry Naturally actually has a product called Curcumin Headache Relief that can save you from a day of consuming fatty foods while you suffer on the couch. Check out these ingredients and why they work. Clinically studied Curcumin is better absorbed than plain curcumin. It provides a primary response to occasional headaches. Magnesium supports healthy neurotransmitter activity in the brain, and clinical studies have shown it relieves occasional headaches. Boswellia is clinically studied and uniquely standardized by reducing beta-boswellic acid and providing higher levels of AKBA for greater effectiveness. DLPA helps support the effects of endorphins and enkephalins—the “feel good” chemicals in your body. Vitamin B6 as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P-5-P) can be readily used by the body because it is already in the bioactive form. Vitamin B6 is a factor in serotonin production and relaxation. Grab your box of Curcumin Headache Relief now! (link to online product)
- Hemp your hangover. Yes, CBD may be able to help with your hangover. There has been some promising research with cannabinoids and migraines, so if a major headache is part of your day, consuming a tincture containing the full spectrum of cannabinoids might help. We know CBD helps the body find balance when it comes to inflammation. And that it can soothe a stressed out body. So pick up your favorite tincture in store of shop from our wide selection of CBD-rich hemp products online. (link to cbd section of website)
We want you to have the most stress free and enjoyable holiday ever! Prepare for the fun (and the aftermath of that fun) now so that you have only good days ahead!
Nuts ‘n Berries Healthy Market
Long live the little guy.