Grocery Manager (Decatur)
Grocery Manager Job Description
Nuts 'n Berries has recently opened a second location in Decatur after being a staple in the Brookhaven community for nearly 40 years. As we continue on our mission to help people get more out of life, we are searching for passionate team members to help us grow! Our customers are the reason we exist and we need a store manager that has a personal mission to help others get and stay well through healthy eating and filling the gaps with nutritional supplements. Our Decatur location is much more grocery-focused, so a grocery background is going to be critical to success in this position. If you are looking to work be part of a team of forward thinking, creative and fun people, then this is the opportunity for you!
Grocery Manager Position Mission:
To ensure prompt, friendly, courteous customer service, accurate cash handling, and store security. To manage the grocery department, making sure the shelves are abundantly stocked with an excellent selection of products, professionally merchandised and maintaining the highest sanitation standards. To ensure this department meets its business goals, including: annual sales, gross profit margin, inventory turns, inventory level, spoilage and labor expense.
- Cash management
- Sales floor management
- Department management and purchasing assistance
- Receiving, stocking and merchandising
- Promotion set-up, signage and execution
- Support of executive management and sales goals
- Training of staff and personnel management
- General operations management
Required Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in grocery management. A food service and/or wellness background is a plus. Candidates with no retail or grocery experience will not be considered for this position.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing 3 or more employees in a professional setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nuts 'n Berries offers benefits including a generous employee discount, access to discounted wellness services, paid time off (PTO) and more!
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please email your résumé to [email protected]. It will be helpful if you download our job application form and submit that as well. Additional consideration goes to anyone who provides a detailed cover letter explaining why you’re interested in joining us!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience